UBA WhatsApp Banking is now live and people can now transact using their beloved WhatsApp app. The WhatsApp application is arguably the best messaging app thanks to its ease of use. Now, you can carry out some basic banking activities on your WhatsApp Application simply by chatting with Leo – UBA’s Artificial Intelligence Personality. Some of the banking activities you can perform via WhatsApp includes:
- Check Account Balance.
- Airtime Top Up.
- Cash Transfer.
- Bills Payments etc.
While this seems like a welcome development, there are still some issues. For one, you would obviously need an internet connection to be able use the WhatsApp Application to chat with Leo. There is also the issue of some phones not being able to install the WhatsApp Application. If you fall into any of the above category then you can make use of their USSD Banking option which offers almost the same features. Now, let’s get down to how to set up the UBA WhatsApp Banking on your Smartphone.
How To Set Up UBA WhatsApp Banking
First things first, You must make sure you have the WhatsApp application Installed on your phone. You must also have an active internet connection. Once both requirements have been met, then we can begin.
- Add the UBA WhatsApp Banking Number to your contacts list: +232 79 919 919
- You can save it with anything you want but I’ll recommend you save it with Leo or Leo UBA.
- Once the contact has been saved. Open you WhatsApp Application and go to your contact list. Refresh the list and look for the contact.
- Tap on it to open a chat.
- Now Send “Hi”
- Accept the terms and conditions of the UBA WhatsApp Banking by typing 1 and Send.
- Once you accept, a link will be sent to you.
- Open the link with any browser of your choice and register using your UBA account number.
- After a successful registration, an OTP (One time password) will be sent to your phone number.
- Open your WhatsApp Application and Open the chat between you and Leo. Now Type in the OTP you got and send.
- Once that is done, then you are all set. You can now use the UBA WhatsApp Banking for your banking transactions.
The UBA WhatsApp Banking is a one of a kind and a step towards the right direction as the world is going digital. It is just a matter of time before other banks follow suit in UBA’s footsteps.